Friday, October 31, 2008

I'm not a Halloween Fan

I taught fourth grade a couple years at a Catholic school.  I explained to my students the reason I did not want to decorate the room for Halloween.  I told them my own children dress up and go trick or treating, but I don't let them dress up as a witch or the devil.  I said people don't take evil seriously.  The first year, as I was speaking, one of my "talkers" piped up and said about me, "She must be a Christian.  My friend's mom is a christian, and she doesn't like Halloween, either."  I said to her, "Elizabeth, you're a Christian."  She said, "No I'm not, I'm a Catholic!"  I'm glad other students knew, and told her that Catholics are Christians.  LOL

I'm glad this year's Halloween will be over soon, so I can go into thrift and other stores and not run into these kinds of representations of evil.

May the peace of God be with you!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment