Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hebrews 12:1-6

I was looking for verses that have the cross in them to put with my photo. I decided to put more of the verses that came before and after the one with my cloud photo here.  This chapter came after the one that talks about how God's people acted with faith.  Next, comes how God disciplines those he loves.  My study note says God chastens us in order to correct our faults.  I am not one who believes that every time something bad happens to a Christian, it means they did something wrong that they are being punished for.  John 9:2-3 says, "His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?  'Neither this man nor his parents sinned,' said Jesus, 'but this happened so that the work of god might be displayed in his life."  I'm not even a Bible expert, and with sin in the world, I don't think we can know why every bad thing happens.  We can, however, and I have had to do this, ask God to see us through our difficult times.  He truly is faithful.

Wow, I did not set out to write all this.  I am also reminded that Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

Hebrews 12:1-6 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.  Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.  In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.  And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons:  My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son."

May we all run with perseverance!

Peace,
Sue




No comments:

Post a Comment