Friday, October 24, 2008

Daily Bible Verse

I checked on the "add a gadget" feature to see if I could find a link to a daily Bible verse.  I was not familiar with most of the ministries offering them, and wanted to choose the NIV version.  After narrowing it down a bit,  I decided to try the one from Ron Hutchcraft Ministries.  I used to listen to a daily short radio program he had called, "A Word With You".  I liked the way he applied Bible teachings to every day life.  His doctrine isn't in 100% agreement with the church I'm a part of, because he talks about making a choice to follow Jesus.  

Ephesians 2:8-10 says, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.  For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."  

So, when we come to faith, it is God who has given us that ability or desire.   In our sinful nature, we do not desire the things of God.  Once we are Christians, God continues to give us the desire and ability to do things out of love for Him, and to further His kingdom.  I  have found this draws me closer to Him, but always know that I am already saved.  It doesn't mean all sinful thought is gone, or that I am always in tune to what God would have me do with the time he gives me.  

I am not about controversies, and do not care for arguing, as that is not Biblical, either.  I just wanted to say these things to get them out there.
  
I know that when we get to Heaven, we'll find we didn't understand everything of God perfectly.  The end of the "love" chapter, 1Corinthians 13:9-13 says, "For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.  When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.  Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror: then we shall see face to face.  Now I know in part: then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.  And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love.  But the greatest of these is love."

These verses are a comfort to me, because I don't have to know and understand everything of God in order to be His child.  I don't have to get my life in order before following Jesus, either.  He's in the process of doing that for me.  Praise God!

Peace,
Sue


1 comment:

  1. *** I don't have to know and understand everything of God in order to be His child. I don't have to get my life in order before following Jesus, either. He's in the process of doing that for me. ***

    Oh how true that is.

    I am so glad to have found this blog. It is great to be inspired by another 'believer'.

    Thank you ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete