Sunday, October 19, 2008

A New Blog

When I first became a Christian, I was so into reading God's Word, that I couldn't figure out why many people thought they couldn't find the time.  Now that I've been a Christian for over 20 years, I find myself having spells where I don't find or make the time to stay connected to God.  I get so into whatever my interests are, and find myself spending more time on them than I'd planned, and then it's time for bed, and I haven't had my devotional time with God.

What is so cool, is that He is always there, and accepts me when I pray and lets me stay connected to Him.  Well, I had a very busy day working with a group from my church at a local kitchen that provides free meals to whoever comes.  It wasn't my month, but we don't currently have a leader and regular members of this group right now.  I wasn't thrilled to do it, because it was a beautiful day, and I would have preferred to be in my garden.  But even with that, I turned to Jesus for a better attitude, and then needed to help a young teen who decided he didn't want to be there helping have a better attitude, too.

I didn't plan on this being a long post.  Anyway, I have been sleeping well lately, but tonight, my dog and husband have both been snoring, and my bladder has woken me up a couple times, and I'm not sleeping well, even though I was so tired I went to bed on time for a change.  Lying in bed, around 3:00 a.m. I got this idea that I should start a separate blog to write about my life in Christ, and help me be connected to Him.  This way I can be more open about it and not put off anyone just wanting to read about gardening types of things.  I better get back to bed.  It seems like my first post on my other blog was about being up past bed time.  LOL  Now my first post here is started in the middle of the night.  I'll post more about the title of my blog next time.

Peace!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment