Thursday, November 13, 2008

Giving Thanks, Day 13

I am thankful for my Bible Study friends.  One of them usually calls me to remind me to come, as they know I can't always keep track of which is the second Thursday of the month, or which Thursday it is we meet.  Last night, when I got a call asking if I was coming, I was also reminded that I am leading and bringing the snack.  My husband graciously agreed to buy ice cream sandwiches on the way home from work today.  I got home, blogged a little, then did my lesson while eating leftover soup from last night.  I found a nice devotion out of a book, as well.  Then, as I left with my sacks of tea bags, and ice cream sandwiches, I didn't realize I had not picked up my books!

Well, I borrowed a Bible from the hostess, and she shared her study guide with me. I decided I would have each of us as we pray, to thank God for something.  For the devotion, I talked about blogging, and about what a blessing the 30 days of giving thanks has been for me.  I told them that I find myself thinking during the day of things I am thankful for, and find myself thankful for the moments of the day.  It uplifts me, and gives me a good attitude.  Thank you for starting this, Joyce, http://brooksidecottage.blogspot.com/!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, you sound a bit like me in the brain burp area. I love that God gives me caretakers every where I go. It makes life very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it does make life entertaining, doesn't it? The brain burp area, indeed! Well, he does provide those caretakers!

    ReplyDelete