Thursday, November 20, 2008

ABCs of the Word

Today's letter for ABCs of the Word is "R".  I have chosen 2Corinthians 5:14-21.  It's a longer passage, and I'm not going to have time to put Grey like Snuffie's flower here until after work, but wanted to get the Scripture up.  As I was looking in my concordance for what to use, I saw words like, "rejoice" and "resplendent"  that I thought were pretty cool, but when I saw "reconciliation"  I wanted to use that, because it's a good word to remind us what Jesus did for us, and how we are to forgive each other.  It tells us here that God is not counting our sins against us.  This may be helpful, realizing there may be people we only see at the holidays that need ongoing forgiveness from us.  

"For Christ's love compels us, because he died for all, and therefore all died.  And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.  So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view.  Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.  Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!  All this is from God, who gave us the ministry of reconciliation: That God was reconciling the world to  himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them.  And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.  We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us.  We implore you on Christ's behalf:  be reconciled to God.  God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."

9 comments:

  1. Good morning Sue and welcome to ABC's of the Word.
    I love this portion of scripture and how it applies to us as disciples. We too have been given the ministry of reconciling others to Jesus.
    Have a wonderful day.
    God Bless,
    Cori G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent choice. I'm doing a Beth Moore Bible Study---Believing God and that scripture keeps popping up. It's one of those that you think you've got a grasp on and then---WOW...I'm a new creation, all cleaned up, pure before Him. It's so amazing.

    Don't worry about putting up the flower button. I sometimes don't remember it. This is such a free do what you want thing. I just love how God has been stirring the Word up in me through His idea of this weekly scripture posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue,
    This is a fabulous passage of scripture that is so full! Thanks for sharing it and I hope your day goes well at work...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful choice of scripture, Sue!
    XO Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cori, Pam, Ellen, and Kathy,
    I just got back from being blessed by reading your blogs. Thanks for leaving comments here.

    I believe a major part of pointing the way to reconciliation with God to others is practicing forgiveness, and not counting people's sins against them. I know that God has had to work this in me, and I still sometimes complain to someone if I feel I have been "mistreated" in some way, then have to ask God's forgiveness for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue, A very nice post. Aw, the unsaved at the holidays. I know what you are saying. I needed this reminder. Lord Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sue, What is this ABC's of the Word?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue,
    I just love the ABCs of the Word! I didn't get in on this in time to start, but I so enjoy reading what He speaks to you ladies through this sweet exercise. Reconciliation is a biggie!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathryn, if you click on grey like snuffie's name on her comment here, you will get to her blog. She is the one who started the ABC blog, which is every Thursday.

    Laura, This was my second time to participate. They don't care if you join late. Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog!

    ReplyDelete