Monday, November 10, 2008

Giving Thanks, Day 10

We had a busy weekend, and since we had a friend coming from out of town, we did some last minute cleaning up.  I have a tendency to have shoes here and there, and our dog likes to carry whichever one she comes across around to greet us or to get our attention.  So, Saturday, I quickly picked up all the shoes, and threw them onto the floor of my closet.  

I stayed up too late last night, trying to figure out how to add a couple songs to my playlist, then this morning, tried something I thought of when I went to bed, but wouldn't let myself get up to try.  It worked!  Of course then, I ran late for work.  Every once in awhile, I go ahead and wear a pair of my gardening shoes to work.  This morning, was one of those days, I was in a hurry and grabbed the first pair I could get to.

In the middle of the day, I happened to look down at my feet, and wondered why my shoes were laced up in different ways.  (I should add here, that my husband's shoe size changed a while back, and he gave me several pairs of shoes, so that would explain the different ways they were laced.)  Then, I realized the shoes weren't the same, either.  I really was in a hurry this morning, because I checked the bottoms to make sure there was no mud, and didn't notice the bottoms are really different.

So, I think I'm thankful today that God loves me no matter what I wear, how late I stay up, how silly I am..., and he enables his children to offer that same kind of love to others.

2 comments:

  1. You are so right Sue... God loves us no matter what!!! and aren't we glad that His love is unconditional!!!
    Thanks for this wonderful reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked my shoe story. It was a little embarrassing, since the shoes are pretty dirty. But I guess it can add to the message of God's unconditional love.

    ReplyDelete