Sunday, November 2, 2008

More of my Story

In my first years of being a Christian, I spent a lot of time reading the Bible and forming a close relationship with God.  I have found he works with me in themes.  One of the early ones, was that God would lift me up.  He made me very aware when I read verses and we sang songs like On Eagle's Wings.  He let me know that I would continue to have ups and downs in life, and that he would always be there for me.

Psalm 40:1-3:

"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set me feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.  He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.  Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord." NIV

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,

    It was a pleasant surprise to hear from you. So glad to meet you. I've not been blogging the last couple of days because I have gotten sick. I don't know how long it has been since I have had a cold but I have one now! This is a perfect example of how sensitive our body is to those things around us. One week ago I received some very devastating news and after I cried for two days I began to get sick. Thank you so much for writing and I plan to check your blog out too. Lord Bless You Sue, Cathy in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy,
    I'm sorry about the bad news you received, and hope you are starting to feel better. Drink plenty of fluids, and get the rest you need.

    I just prayed for healing and comfort for you.

    Blessings to you, too,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete