Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Verses I've Marked

I read Matthew 14 today.  There were several passages I'd marked in the past, but didn't date.  I have always identified with the actions and heart of Peter.  In the passage I'd marked, Jesus had sent his disciples ahead of him in a boat while he went to pray.  He walked on the water to meet up with them, and the disciples were afraid he was a ghost when they saw him.  He told them to take courage, that it was he, and they shouldn't be afraid.  Verses 28-33 say:

"Lord, is its you", Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water." "Come," he said.  Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.  But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"  Immediately, Jesus reached out his hand and caught him.  "You of little faith," he said, "Why did you doubt?"  And when they climbed into the boat the wind died down.  Then, those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the son of God."

In my daily living, I have stress from time to time.  Cleaning the clutter out of a room was very stressful for me this summer.  I am now experiencing pain in my jaw, due to the grinding of my jaw in the night.  I am realizing I've also done it during the day.  It's looking like I have TMJ.  I am praying for healing.  I am also praying that I keep up this wonderful Bible reading I've started.

When I first became a Christian, I was like Peter, ready to jump right in to whatever I felt God would have for me to do.  I am thankful that God is who He is, and even when I'm not living through faith, He'll reach down and pull me back up when I ask Him to.

Lord, please help me keep my focus on you, and your love for me.  Help me to show that love to others, as you desire.  Help me to remember to have a heart of worship toward you.

No comments:

Post a Comment