Thursday, April 29, 2010

All Dressed up for SkyWatch Friday

Last week, the leaves were showing on the trees.  This week, they look like they are ready for the party called spring, or even getting ready for summer.

After taking some photos of blooms for my garden blog, a few hours before sunset, I took some photos of our yard from across the street.  The first one is facing west.  That's our house, shed, and garage in the photo.


This is south from the previous photo, facing southwest.  I've mentioned the maple tree in front of the house grew from a "helicopter" seed from another tree, and was moved to this location by my husband when he was a boy,  and his dad.  The neighbors aren't so thrilled by all the helicopters that come flying into their yards in the spring.


This is facing south.


This is facing west, standing in the middle of the street in front of the house.


I turned around, to take a photo to the east.  I deleted the one I took facing north, showing a clear blue sky.  I imagine it's getting cloudier now, because it's supposed to rain.  We are in a tornado watch this evening.


After writing the above, I went out and took a photo of what the north sky looks like now.  It is starting to rain, too.



Well, it's been Friday a few hours in some places.  I better get this up.  To see more skies from all over the world, click on the SkyWatch button in the sidebar.  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Marvelous captures and such a variety of skies! Such beautiful trees! Looks like a lovely place to live. Hope the tornado skips over you. Have a lovely weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live in a beautiful area. Your street looks peaceful and idyllic. I like the description of the maple tree seeds you call "helicopter" seeds...I can picture what they look like.

    ReplyDelete