Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Nice Verse to Read Before Bed

This will be the second evening in a row that I am reading some Bible before going to bed.  I've mentioned how I was so into the Word when I was a new Christian, but over the years, have not set aside that time each day.  Today, I didn't allow as much, but God is so good, and gave me some good verses to meditate on as I wait to go to sleep.  One is Psalm 4:8:

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, 
O LORD, make me dwell in safety."

That is my prayer for anyone reading this, too.

2 comments:

  1. Here is another good one:
    Psa 127:2 It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.

    Sleep well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful verse Sue. A good one before sleep. I love it when I wake up during the night and different scripture comes to mind.

    Have a great day ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete