Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving SkyWatch

I went out Wednesday after work to take photos of the big clouds in the sky, and flowers for my garden blog. It was in the 40s, and I had a good time being outside, as I haven't been able to be out much lately. I was out long enough to get some photos of the sunset. I saw the Schwann's man at my next door neighbor's door, and asked him if he'd noticed how pretty the sky was. He looked up, and told me, yes it is. When my husband got home from work and a couple errands, I asked him if he'd noticed, and he said he hadn't. I tell you, SkyWatch Friday helps one be more aware of what's going on in the sky, and I sure enjoy that! Click on the SWF button in the sidebar to see skies from all over the world, or find out how to include your post.

The moon is in the upper right of this photo.


Here's a closer view of the moon.


Photos don't do what I viewed today justice.


I walked to the busy street we live a block from, and tried to get a clearer view of the sky, but the street lights and lines insisted on being in the photos. The trees on the left are in the cemetery on that side of the street.

I am thankful most for the gift of faith in Jesus. I am thankful for God's work in my life, and the beauty of creation.

One of the gifts God has given me is the ability to forgive people. Sometimes it has taken longer than others though. As I get older, I find it easier, besides, it's what God has told us to do. I'm glad, but it has caused me to be impatient with others who hold grudges. Our church just served a meal at a local outreach center, which my group does 4 times a year. When I lead the prayer before the meal, I pray for God to help people to forgive those who need it in their lives.

If you read this, consider this prayer for you, too. Remember, forgiveness never means that we're saying the hurt someone has caused is OK. It may not even mean reconciliation in an unhealthy relationship. It frees the hurt one to move on and not dwell on the past or person who hurt them.

Happy Thanksgiving!

9 comments:

  1. Forgiveness is a huge gift and a matter for a great deal of thanks.
    I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Love the sky pics, and forgiving is a must in our life as a Christian. The flesh don't want to forgive, but God the Father has ask us to do this. I sometimes find this hard to do when the same ones hurt you time and time again.
    Jesus said, forgive them as many as 7x70 in a day.
    God bless you, and happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgiveness is a central issue in my life. Forgiveness and acceptance.

    I was taken aback when you said you went outside when it was 40, then I realised that you were probably talking fahrenheit!! I stay inside in Australia if it is 40 as I dont want to melt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should all be aware of the skies. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...the forgiver benefits more than the forgiven...

    love your skyphotos!
    Come and visit my piece of sky when you have the time!

    Life’s beautiful, isn’t it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow beautiful pictures. LOve those skies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous sky photos! I appreciate your words about forgiveness. Unforgiveness can just eat you up inside and turn you into a bitter person. I too am a Christian, have 3 grown sons and 2 grandsons, and love to garden in my retirement years! I'm glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely sky photos and beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forgiveness is not very easy, but good for the soul, much better in the long run.
    Lovely sky photos specially the red tinged one.

    ReplyDelete