Friday, December 25, 2009

Snowed in for Skywatch Friday

Since the forecast for a blizzard kept getting pushed back, and we were able to drive last night, I got up this morning, and after looking out the door, figured it would be OK to drive today. I got my exercise shoes and music on, and did aerobic cooking and kitchen cleaning. I assumed my husband was listening to the radio for driving conditions. After I got my gluten free pumpkin pies out of the oven, and the fruit cobbler in, Larry came in from shoveling and told me the neighbor said the main streets are OK, but the side streets and intersections are so bad, only 4 wheel drive cars could make it around. I spent an hour on the phone talking to my family, and we postponed our Christmas lunch. Larry and I enjoyed the chili, and I had made enough pie, that we were able to have some today.

I took some photos from inside the house, some out windows, and some out of doors. I had fun watching the poor birds come and go. There was a squirrel on a branch under its home. I wondered why it was there, and not inside.

Well, it's Friday in parts of the world, and SkyWatch Friday has begun. Click on the link in my sidebar to see skies from all over the world or find out how to include yours.

Again, Merry Christmas!




6 comments:

  1. Wonderful wintry scene. we have pretty much the same here with the 18 inches of snow we got last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember days like that from last winter! So far this year, we have been spared. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your snowed in, but it sure looks pretty. We had our frist snow last week, about 8" to 10", and most of it is still here.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here I am over the other side of the world in humid heat with a fan on to keep cool! Praying that the weather conditions ease so you can get out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The place looks so beautiful! And I've never seen real snow in past 30 years of my life.... Awesome!!!

    - Pixellicious Photos

    ReplyDelete
  6. COLD pictures! Glad you were safe and warm inside! So many people got snowed in that week!

    ReplyDelete