Friday, December 18, 2009

Late for the Sky...

It's Friday morning where I am, but Friday started other places about 17 hours ago. The title of my post is from an old Jackson Browne album that I loved when I was in my 20s. Even though my memory is bad, I can recall some of the lyrics of the songs on it. Most of them were sad and depressing. That was a time in my life where I had fallen away from God and was not a happy time of my life. One of the songs was about taking a photo of someone. When the picture taker saw the person, they were laughing, but the moment the camera happened to find them, there was a look of sorrow in their eyes. I think it was called Fountain of Sorrow.

Well, I'm thankful those days are behind me, and I have the joy of faith in Jesus, even when I'm feeling sad. God's love for us isn't changed by how we feel at any moment.

I am laughing at myself, because I need to get to work, and just planned on putting up a quick sky photo from the other day. I had missed photographing a gorgeous sunrise, then was tickled when the sunset was almost as pretty. Happy SWF, and check out the link in my sidebar to see more skies from all over the world.

7 comments:

  1. Very good post. I too remember back when.I was saved at the age of 43, and too many things come to my mind when I hear songs from the past. Its good to hear that those days are behind you. Just praise God for it. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Sue. I've popped over from Gail W.'s page, and glad I did. I love taking photos of the sky, moon, sun and so on. Paula :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sue! Thanks for stopping by; you are always welcome at the blog.

    Sure sounds like things are chilly in your neck of the USA. Heavens... when it dips below 30 over here, we're done for! We'd just soon stay covered for winter:)

    Blessings to you and yours this Christmas. Loved your photos of the sky and your "corner" view of the world.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely photo, but your comments were very moving. I too am so happy I have found new peace and closeness with God. It makes all the difference! Hope God blesses you and yours richly in the coming year!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad I found this page. I am always in awe at how god works for me when I am close to him in prayer. Recently i have been asking for a troubling situation to be corrected. He answered and also solved my problem. Praise and give glory to god,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anonymous,
    I wonder if you subscribed to follow-up comments. I am tickled you found this post and sent me back to it by your comment.

    A number of my co-workers and I have gotten pay cuts this year due to redefining the levels of pay, and by doing, breaking their agreement with us. The teachers we work with have worked to get our appropriate pay back, and it is still being reviewed.

    I have been spending way too much time thinking about how unfair the situation is. God has been drawing me back to Him in various ways, including where He leads me to read in the Bible, and coming across others' experiences and devotionals.

    I am glad to hear God has answered your prayers to help you in your troubling situation. That lifts me up.

    ReplyDelete