Thursday, July 22, 2010

SkyWatch Friday

I started out thinking I'd just find one or two sky photos for today's SkyWatch Friday post, but then couldn't decide, so I included more than 2.

We've had lots of rain this month, and lots of different kinds of clouds.  These photos are all from Tuesday, the 20th.

The skies always look better in person than photos I take.  I loved these puffy clouds that looked like a whole bunch of cotton balls.


Even with all the rain, we've had some pretty blue with the clouds.


I've mentioned this light pole was put up by my father-in-law when he was still alive, and lived here.


The morning glories are on their way up.


I adjusted the next photo so the sunflower plant on the right could be seen more clearly.  I love the weather vane on the garage my mother-in-law bought.   (The house is on the left, the vegetable garden on the right.) 


This is the same sunflower plant that's in the previous photo.


I hope you have a great weekend, and are able to visit some skies from around the world.  The link is in my sidebar.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful light puffy clouds..good captures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome sky, You shot it brilliantly, but.... who painted it so beautiful...?

    Pixellicious Photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting variety of clouds. Isn't it interesting the different patterns created by temperature, wind and water?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sky shots! Send some of that extra rain to VA. We are dry here!
    Enjoyed your photos - have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely skies and clouds! So peaceful and seem to stretch forever! As a matter of fact, I guess they do just that! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice shots! I also enjoyed "How Great is Our God" while I was here!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete