Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Hot Day in the Sky

When I went out to get herbs for supper,  I was stunned at how hot it was.  Normally, I'm not bothered by the heat until I've been out in it awhile.  I noticed that it was 100 degrees.  After we ate, I remembered I wanted to take a picture of the outdoor thermometor, and by then, it had cooled by a couple degrees.  I remembered I was late for SkyWatch Friday, so tipped the camera up to include the sky.


I went out into the yard to get photos of the morning glories climbing up the light pole.  They are really up there!


While I was out in the yard, I heard a plane, and immediately looked to see where it was.


I zoomed in, but did crop this a little so the little bit of tree wouldn't be in the photo.


Why are you flying so low, airplane?  Is it hot up there?



To see skies from all over the world, click on the SkyWatch link in the sidebar.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is hot for where you live! Great shots of the plane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sue! My, you are having it even hotter than we! I always enjoy your sky watch shots. What a good one of that plane. He was low.

    I hope you are well. Sending blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, Great skywatch pictures! Looks like it is hot all over, but here in the deep south it is also very humid! Looking forward to a crisp autumn day!

    ReplyDelete