Thursday, September 17, 2009

SKyWatch Friday 9/18/09

These almost identical photos were taken of our Wednesday's sunrise, which was early evening somewhere in the world, where it will turn midnight Friday, my time today, (Thursday) at 1:30 in the afternoon. At least that's when SkyWatch Friday starts our time.

As I was driving to work, I looked up, and saw the spectacular sunrise, and dug my cell phone out. When I stopped at a light, I was able to take this photo across the street from the high school I work at, where a fast food restaurant is being built.



I took some more photos from the parking lot. I hope the people in these cars looked up at the beauty of God's creation.

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful skies. My garden is about done for the year.Still getting some peppers though

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank heavens for cell phones. they do seem identical. happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sunrise shots...look up indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures. Our sunrise was pretty this morning, too, but I posted a picture I took over Labor Day.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful skies, great colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Were the plumes from an aircraft or caused by the wind? The colours you have captured are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful shots!! thanks for sharing

    happy SWF

    ReplyDelete