Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Greetings


"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

1 Corinthians 13:4-7



I've mentioned before that God works with me on themes. Recently, it's been receiving strength like an eagle from God. Joining that has been love. My new church that I am in the process of transferring to has a class I joined that is studying the epistles of John. I have been reading 1 John at home, too. Whatever happens in life, God wants our actions to be based on our love for Him, and for others.

I get so full, and feel ready to go out there and love the people God has in my life. Yet, I find myself asking God and others for forgiveness for an unkind comment or action I have inflicted on them. Still, after receiving that forgiveness I am feeling stronger, and it feels like an adventure and not a burden to keep love in mind as I go about my day.

God tells us throughout His Word how to love. May we all keep these verses in mind as we spend time with our families this Easter weekend. There may be some we have had disagreements with, or who may have offended or hurt us in some way. My prayer for us is that we are able to bear with one another, and practice forgiveness and love, and ask for forgiveness where we've hurt someone else. Let us draw others to God.

Have a blessed Easter. Jesus is risen, risen indeed!

4 comments:

  1. You would have to write on this subject...grrrr. Almost made it through without having to confront the unforgiveness and hurt feelings that are still fresh on my heart.

    However, two days ago I picked scritpure from John about loving your enemies and praying for them. All week I am getting serious about this. Your post is just another conformation that is what He wants me to do.

    Thank you. Blessings!

    In His Graces~Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH,you have no idea how I needed to start my day off reading this. After a very rocky weekend...one would think I portrayed Rocky Balboa this weekend...fight after fight with my husband trying to heal from surgery. Even on the way to church I started on him. And after me sleeping on the couch last night I come by your blog & read that I need to love, forgive and ask to be forgiven.
    Oh...thank you.

    Blessings,
    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sue! Thanks for this reminder - it is one I can never hear too often. I pray you and your family had a blessed Easter week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is risen indeed. Go glide on those eagle wings.

    ReplyDelete